Eric A. Haviland serves as the Managing Director of the Law Office of Laura E. Burrows, LLC. In addition to managing the firm, Eric focuses his practice on the preparation of Domestic Relations Orders and the division of retirement assets pertaining to divorce. He provides individual mediation services, as well as co-mediation with Laura. Eric’s deep knowledge of issues related to state and federal taxation, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, healthcare, division of retirement assets, and family law, provides him with the foundation to guide his clients through the most complex cases.
Eric believes in the value of Alternative Dispute Resolution, and he works to assist his clients in resolving disputes outside of the court room. When parties reach resolutions, Eric prepares Parenting Agreements, Interim Agreements, and Marital Settlement Agreements, which can be incorporated into a Court Order.
– University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., San Diego, CA
– Connecticut College, B.A., New London, CT
– Pomfret School, High School, Pomfret, CT
– Former Federal Hearing Officer
– Trained Federal Shared Neutral
Admitted to Practice
– District of Columbia (Inactive)
– Member of the Massachusetts Bar
– Member of the Maryland Bar
– Anne Arundel County Bar Association
Activities and Speaking Engagements
Presenter: Northwestern Mutual: QDROs, Wills, Trusts & Estates, November 2016
Presenter: Maryland State Bar Association: Hanging Out A Shingle, Spring 2015